KISSmetrics have put out a nice infographic, containing stats from an ongoing Google study of web browsing behavior. Apparently, hundreds of thousands of sites participated, and the results have been very interesting.
For example, bounce rates all over the world and average time-on-site metrics are going down... In the battle of the operating systems, Apple market share is steadily increasing, while Windows market share is falling. Dig into the data presented below to discover worldwide web usage trends.
// Click Image to Enlarge //
Facts and Stats to Tweet:
- Worldwide pages/visits have decreased from 4.9 to 4.5. »tweet«
- Worldwide bounce rates have decreased from 48.2% to 47.0%. »tweet«
- Worldwide average time on site has decreased from 5:49 to 4:50. »tweet«
- Websites based in China have the highest bounce rates in the world at 58%. »tweet«
- Websites based in Aruba and Saint Lucia have the lowest bounce rates in the world at 30%. »tweet«
- Worldwide direct traffic to websites has increased from 36.5% to 36.8% (when compared to all forms of web traffic).»tweet«
- Worldwide search engine traffic to websites has increased from 27% to 28% (when compared to all forms of web traffic). »tweet«