It wasn’t long ago when costly, lengthy data integration projects were the only option for teams who wanted to be able to analyze customer data from various tools. The quest for a centralized customer data store that didn’t require a data engineering degree to access was merely a dream.
Today, those improbable dreams become reality with big dreamers like Segment and BIME. Segment empowers you to collect customer event data from your mobile applications, websites, and cloud services. BIME helps you analyze and visualize all that data. This is great news for Segment customers who want to combine their event data with data from many different SaaS sources.
Since their founding, Segment has always made it easy to collect customer event data from your website or mobile apps. And with their newly launched Segment Sources, you’ll be able to access new types of data, like your siloed customer data from tools like Zendesk, Salesforce, or HubSpot into a single data warehouse to get the complete view of the customer experience.
When all of your data is in a centralized data warehouse like Redshift or Postgres, you can use BIME to analyze it, create data joins, and build interactive dashboards—all with simple drag-and-drop functionalities. No SQL required!
Customers, like San Francisco-based Instacart, Udacity, and Trunk Club are already creating amazing data combos and answering questions they have about their customers, like:
- Zendesk + Salesforce: What questions are prospects asking at different stages of the sales cycle? How does interacting with the customer support team affect retention over time
- Zendesk + Segment: What areas of my app cause the most people to send in tickets?
- Zendesk + Stripe: Which pricing plans send in the most support tickets?
- Zendesk + Segment: What type of customer runs into the most problems?
- Zendesk + SendGrid + Salesforce + Segment: What were the last interactions we had with this customer across marketing, support, sales, and our product?
In the old world, integrating data from tools like Zendesk, Salesforce, and HubSpot for analysis would have taken weeks of implementation by a data engineering team. But through our partnership with Segment, the quest from data integration, analysis, to dashboarding is now possible in just a few hours (or minutes if you’re a total data ninja).
Here’s how this works:
- Get started with Segment Sources. Pick the data you want to work with and enter your credentials. Don’t forget you can gather website and mobile events data with Segment, too.
- Load all your Segment data into a data warehouse, like Redshift or Postgres. Segment makes this easy with Segment Warehouses.
- Visualize your data with BIME. Because BIME has pre-built connectors with Redshift and Postgres, you can easily access your Segment data, do analyses across all your sources, and build beautiful, interactive dashboards.